Health service

Staff may attend the health service and receive medical and nursing services.

Counselling service

Generally, our counselling service is for students. However, staff may attend if there is a crisis situation or problem they need immediate assistance. The counsellors are able to provide one-off sessions and may then refer the staff member to an appropriate service or the Employee Assistance Program.

Staff who are concerned about a student or student-related situation are welcome to contact a counsellor to discuss the matter. The staff member does not need to disclose the student’s identity.

Disability service

The Disability Advisor can be contacted if you wish to make a referral, gain information in relation to staff or students who have a disability, discuss what constitutes an appropriate accommodation, or gain information regarding your legal obligations in relation to the Disability Discrimination Act and university policy.

Referring students

If you wish to refer a student to our service, you can pass on our contact details (i.e. this website) to the student who can then email or ring to book an appointment or simply come in. If the student is very distressed, or you have concerns about their safety, we will endeavour to see them that day. You can speak to the reception staff about any available appointment times, or ask to speak directly with a counsellor.