Consumer Directed Care and Goal Setting
This interactive workshop provides opportunities for supported practice and skill development in motivational interviewing and techniques that you can use to engage and partner with clients to set goals, develop a consumer directed care plan and support lifestyle behaviour changes.
Developed for health professionals and support workers, the one day workshop focusses on understanding and applying general behaviour change support and communication skills in working with people who have complex care needs.
- Build confidence in communication skills
- Provide strategies for improved engagement and communication with clients, families and peers
- Practice motivational strategies to support clients to engage in goal setting and behaviour change
- Provide a supported opportunity to develop a client centred care plan that is responsive to cultural requirements
- Provide an understanding of how to motivate clients to achieve their goals, be involved in planned reviews and make changes to plans to accommodate progress and relapse.