Remote and Rural Interprofessional Placement Learning NT (RIPPL NT)
Student placement support services for allied health and nursing students.
The RIPPL NT team provide support and assistance to allied health and nursing students, their universities and clinical supervisors to maximise the outcomes of clinical placements in the Northern Territory.
Students from any university and any health-related course are welcome to access our services. In the past we have assisted with placements from the Red Centre to the Top End for students from disciplines such as nursing, physiotherapy, speech pathology, pharmacy, podiatry and nutrition and dietetics.
We can help with:
- Aboriginal cultural awareness and health workshops
- Orientation to our sites and local area information
- Subsidised student accommodation
- Access to facilities such as computers, videoconferencing, wifi, common rooms and libraries.
- Student networking and education sessions
- Financial assistance (for Flinders and CDU students undertaking placements away from ‘home’)
- Support for universities and placement supervisors
Who we are
We are a team of administration, academic and professional staff with extensive experience working and living in the Northern Territory. We aim to promote quality rural and remote placements for allied health by supporting students, supervisors and universities to experience or provide flexible learning opportunities in our diverse communities.