|Project focus & evidence of need |
- What is the problem, or health issue that needs to be addressed?
- How did the project idea originate? What evidence is there to support the need for the project? What sources of information (consultations, reports, research, publications, databases) help to provide evidence? Who has been consulted and what have they said?
|Develop alliances |
- What has been done in the past?
- Are there others who share your concern about this issue, who are potential partners?
- What other key players need to be involved?
- How will community members be involved?
- Will you need a Reference Group, if so who will need to be involved?
|Develop understanding about context |
- How does this program fit within your (& other) organisation’s priorities?
- How does this program fit with local, regional, state and national priorities?
- How does it relate to primary health care and health promotion frameworks eg. Ottawa Charter?
|Develop project plan |
- What is the project trying to change? (aims, objectives)
- How is the project going to go about this? (strategies)
- What will be signs of progress along the way? (indicators)
- How will we judge the value of the project? (evaluation, methods, timeline)
- How will equal access be ensured?
- Any ethical issues such as confidentiality, ethics approval, if so, how are these to be addressed? Will you need ethics approval?
- What project funding is available?
- What staffing resources will be required from within & outside the agency?
- What is the budget, including details of salaries, evaluation, goods and services, resources to support community involvement eg. childcare, transport?