Deciding on data collection methods
In choosing what method(s) are most appropriate, it may be useful to consider the following:
Will it give you the information you need?
Who will the information be sought from?
- Age, gender, cultural considerations
- Language, literacy and other communication considerations
- Logistics – eg. if people spread over a large geographical area?
- Availability for people who are VERY busy
- Confidentiality considerations
Who will gather the information?
- Skills, time available
What are the costs involved?
| Triangulation ||Developing my plan|