A Primary Health Care Approach to Men's Health in Community Health Settings "It's Just Better Practice"
Michael Bentley 2007
The goal of the Just Better Practice project is to describe primary health care approaches to develop a
framework for practice in men’s health in community health settings.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Illustrate better practice principles using South Australian examples of men’s health projects in
community health settings based on developing sustained partnerships and building community
- Provide practical examples of how better practice for men’s health is applied in various
community health settings,
- Inform education, training and development for community health service providers in relation to
men’s health and wellbeing,
- Contribute to the provision of information and resources on men’s health and wellbeing, and
- Reflect a focus on primary health care, health promotion and illness prevention in community
This project links to the South Australian Primary Health Care Policy Statement (2003-2007). This Policy states: ‘Our vision is to improve the health of all South Australians through a health system built on a strong primary health care foundation’.
This report is free to download Its Just Better Practice Report.pdf
Limited hard copies of the report are available . Please contact SACHRU to request a copy.