Facilitating Clinical Learning
Expand your skills and knowledge as a clinical facilitator in our course designed for health professionals who are involved in work integrated learning (WIL).
This two-day workshop provides essential preparation for clinical placement facilitators and will help you maximise the experience for you, your organisation and WIL students.
Work-Integrated Learning is recognised as a strategic priority at Flinders University. As a result, these experiences are required as part of many health and nursing study programs. These experiences include from more 'traditional' placements, practicums and field studies, to simulated workplace settings and assessment activities.
This interactive workshop will:
- Explore the facilitator role in clinical learning
- Develop your understandings about teaching and learning
- Increase assessment knowledge and feedback skills
- Extend cultural awareness and communication strategies
- Facilitate challenging learners and contexts
Upon workshop completion, you will be able to:
- Explore the role of the registered nurse in facilitating clinical learning.
- Further develop theory and practice underpinning clinical learning including the;
- Contexts of clinical learning
- Learner characteristics
- Personal factors impacting learning
- Challenging students
- Assessment for learning.
- Discuss strategies to assess and develop clinical learning.
- Develop skills in providing constructive feedback.
- Understand the resources available for both student and staff to assist with students in the clinical practice setting.
Online: Use the enquiry form on this page
Phone: (08) 8201 3409