International Disaster Nursing
Learn about emergency management principles for disaster planning and response around the world.
This course provides an introduction for nurses and other health professionals to the health aspects of disaster and the principles of emergency management.
In this course you will:
- Develop knowledge of the emergency management principles utilised internationally for disaster planning and response.
- Be able to describe common health aspects of disaster in different contexts and at different stages of disaster response.
- Be able to understand key issues and challenges in the practice of nursing during disaster planning, response and recovery in the acute hospital, community and international contexts.
Modules will include:
- Introduction to Disaster Management:
- Health aspects of disasters
- Risk management principles
- Governance and coordination
- Disaster Planning and Preparedness Principles:
- Policy and planning
- Prevention, mitigation and preparedness
- Response and Recovery for Disasters:
- The initial impact
- Early response
- Disaster triage
- Community resilience
- Community recovery
- Issues and Challenges:
- Healthcare facilities sustainability
- International disaster response
- Disaster mental health
- Mass gatherings
Online: Use the enquiry form on this page
Phone: (08) 8201 3409