Obstetric and Neonatal Nursing (for Registered Nurses)
This course provides the theory component on obstetric and neonatal nursing for nurses to meet overseas registration requirements.
The following topics are covered:
- Introduction Antenatal Care
- The first antenatal visit
- Assessment of the pregnant woman
- Antenatal education
- Assessment of the foetus
- Intra-Partum Care
- Labour care
- Pain management during labour
- Third stage care
- Postnatal Care
- Newborn care
- Care of the new mother
- Community and pharmacology
- Community support
- Consideration of pharmacological aspects
On completition of this course, you will:
- Be able to recognise the psychological, physical, social and spiritual aspects of the childbearing experience.
- Understand the care of the woman during the ante-natal, intra-partum and post-partum period.
- Understand the care of the newborn.
- Be able to select strategies to assist the woman to develop parenting skills.
Note: This course will not qualify you to practice in the role of a registered midwife.
Online: Use the enquiry form on this page
Phone: (08) 8201 3409