Primary Health Care Constructs and Contexts
Critically explore the principles of working with individuals, families, groups and communities within a broad primary heath care framework.
Learn about the concepts of health promotion, health education, public health and population health in this exciting and modern topic that can provide credit toward your future postgraduate study.
On successful completion of this topic, you will be able to:
- Critique the principles of health promotion and explain how they inter-relate with primary health care, public health, community health and population health.
- Critically explore and evaluate how bio-psycho-social and ecological determinants of health impact individuals, families, groups and communities in different settings.
- Analyse the principles of health education at an individual level and explain how they inter-relate with social learning theory, behavioural and lifestyle health interventions, health literacy, health communication, and media.
- Evaluate the impact of local, national and global health policy in determining health care strategies and service provision.
- Critique and apply health promotion frameworks, tools and models to assess and evaluate primary health care programs.
- Evaluate a range of existing strategies for primary health care, public health and population health intervention, regarding their impact on individuals, families, groups and communities.
Online: Use the enquiry form on this page
Phone: (08) 8201 3409