Research Frequently Asked Questions

Early Career Researchers (ECRs)

What is the definition of an Early Career Researcher (ECR)?

What awards and funding schemes are ECRs eligible to apply for?

What programs for development are available to ECRs?

New Academic Staff

What is the Establishment Grant and who is eligible to apply for it? (login)

How do I enter my previous publications into the Flinders University publications system and who can help me?

Transferring grants to Flinders University from another institution.

What software licencing is available for staff and students through the University?


What research project funding is available for staff through the Faculty?

What funding for research projects and conferences is available for staff at School level?

What research project and conference funding is available for Research Higher Degree students?


What is the role of the University's Research Services Office?

What is the role of the Faculty Research Services Office?

When should I use a certification form?

Where can I find information about the University's infrastructure levy?

What ARC information and assistance is available?

When do I use Fields of Research (FoR) codes and where can I find them?

What are Socio-Economic Objective (SEO) codes and where can I find them?

Publications and data

What do I need to do with my publications in relation to the ARC and NHMRC open access policy?

What is eResearch@Flinders?

What are my responsibilities in relation to data storage?


Where will I find the University's policies and procedures about research?

What is the role of the Advisers on Integrity in Research?

What is the role of Contact Officers for allegations of research misconduct?




Certification form

All external research grant applications, expressions of interest, and contracts/agreements requiring execution by the University require a fully completed Certification Form. The certification form is necessary in order for an account number to be established.

The Flinders University Certification Form can be downloaded from the Research Services Office web page.

Please send your certification form with accompanying documentation by email to the  College Research Officer for the signatures of the College of Business Government & Law Vice President/Executive Dean and the College Dean (Research).

When submitting a certification form for approval from the BGL VP/ED the following documents must be attached:
  1. a Covering Memo to the VP/ED including details of the project Exec Dean Memo template (DOCX 178KB)
  2. the completed Certification Form already signed by the applicant(s)
  3. a full copy of the application/contract/agreement. 

Unless otherwise requested, when the certification form has been signed by the VP/ED, the original certification form will be scanned and emailed to the RSO (cc to applicant). The original certification form will be returned to the applicant for their records.

The following links may be helpful when completing the certification form: