Dealing with external parties - agreements and contracts

The Research Services Office advises that:

The Research Services Office (RSO) is responsible for advising on, negotiation and arranging sign-off by an authorised delegate of the University for all research and research related contracts or agreements on behalf of Flinders University staff and higher degree students.

Under the University’s Policy on Delegations of Authority to Enter into Contracts, individual staff members are not permitted to enter into contracts with external organisations on behalf of the University unless authorised to do so. Therefore staff members are generally not authorised to sign off on research contracts and agreements where a signature is required by an authorised University delegate. It is important that in the first instance all requests for the initiation of research and research related contracts / agreements be forwarded to .

Please see the RSO Contracting Process  web page for detailed information, and the RSO Types of Agreements web page for examples of the most common forms of agreements and contracts used in relation to research.