The HCI Program of the Flinders Centre for Knowledge and Interaction Technologies (KIT) brings together a group of researchers dedicated to improving interaction between people and computers. We discover and develop new technologies that help people and build better societies. Our research involves a combination of the following approaches:
- Tools that support the construction of highly interactive interfaces
- Techniques that promote more effective and engaging interaction
- Technologies that enable people to interact in novel ways
We are looking for collaborators and postgraduate research students to join active research projects in the following areas:
- Assistive and educational technologies: crafting hardware and software solutions for people who need extra help in their daily lives.
- AudioVisual Brain Computer Interface: controling devices by thinking or talking or gesturing, or a multimodal combination of all and more.
- Augmented reality: adding computer-generated information to real-world environments to enable richer interaction in everyday situations.
- Computer-supported cooperative work: using computers to communicate, coordinate, and collaborate with anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Games and simulation: combining virtual reality and haptic interaction to create realistic environments for training and collaboration.
- Human factors engineering: applying knowledge about how people work to make computers and people work better together.
- Information retrieval and visualisation: finding better ways for people to easily and intuitively find the information they really need.
- Mobile devices and interfaces: developing and deploying applications on mobile computer platforms so that people can interact with computers in their day-to-day activities.
PeopleOur group comprises the following researchers:
- A/Prof Paul Calder - Principal Investigator and Contact Person
- Kate Deller-Evans - Associate Investigator
- Dr Sean Fitzgibbon - Principal Investigator
- David Hobbs - Principal Investigator
- Dr Richard Leibbrand - Principal Investigator
- Dr Martin Luerssen - Principal Investigator
- Dr Carl Mooney - Principal Investigator
- A/Prof. Darius Pfitzner - Associate Investigator
- Prof. David Powers – Principal Investigator
- Dr Greg Ruthenbeck - Principal Investigator
- Dr Haifeng Shen - Principal Investigator
- Dr Brett Wilkinson - Principal Investigator
- Theodor Wyeld - Principal Investigator
- Tom Anderson - Postgraduate Researcher
- Adham Atyabi - Postgraduate Researcher
- Fatemeh Khazab - Postgraduate Researcher
- Simon Lang - Postgraduate Researcher
- Yuqing Mao - Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Mark Reilly - Postgraduate Researcher
- Kenneth Treharne - Postgraduate Researcher
- Yongyao Yan - Postgraduate Researcher
- Yang Zheng - Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
For more information on our current activities, or if you're interested in joining our group, please contact A/Prof Paul Calder.