If you are a female student currently enrolled in Years 8 - 12 at a South Australian secondary school you are eligible to enter the contest.
The Cochlear Aurora Photo Contest opens 13 August 2018 and the deadline for submissions is 5.00pm Friday 19 October 2018. Students submitting an entry agree to their name and photo being displayed or presented at Flinders University and other media sources should they be a winner or a runner up. The winners of the prizes will be announced at an Awards Ceremony at Flinders University (date t.b.a.).
The submitted photo must:
- convey the fact that ‘Science is everywhere!’
- be creative, unique and eye-catching
- convey directly or indirectly the essence of the title/content
- be taken by the student.
Students are only allowed to enter one photo; multiple entries are not permitted.
How to submit an entry
- Complete the online registration.
- Upload a jpeg file of the photo (high resolution - 300 dpi)
- Use this naming convention for the photo: Contest name_Surname_School name, eg: Aurora_Smith_Henley-High
The following prizes and conditions must be met in order to receive a prize
There will be two prize categories:
- Years 8, 9 and 10
- Years 11 and 12
1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes and 2 runners-up will be awarded in each category.
- 1st prize: $500
- School of the 1st prize award winner: $500
- 2nd prize: $200
- 3rd prize: $100
- Runners-up: Commendation certificate
Winners, runners-up, winning entries and selected photos from the contest will be featured through Flinders University communications/presentations.
The explanation must be written by the student(s) and must not contain any copyrighted material.