This section encompasses:
- sample fixation, post fixation processing
- paraffin embedding
- paraffin block sectioning
- H&E staining
- Other colorimetric staining (on request)
Two tiers of service provision:
- Service provided by an experienced technician for a fee (the availability of this service has been re-established from March 2016 thanks to a Flinders University FMNHS Infrastructure grant)
- Self-service (utilising bench space and consumables in the facility on a cost-recovery basis) after satisfactory training.
Tissue processing takes time; we hope this paraffin flowchart
will help you in planning your experiments.
Training can only take place with a fixed specimen that you bring to the facility.
Contact us for a chat about your potential application.