Planning for placement
- Discover which of our sites interests you the most.
- Book your placement through your normal university channels.
- Complete your university requirements for placement.
- Apply for an Ochre Card - This is a legal requirement in the NT and may take up to six weeks.
- Complete the additional requirements if your placement is with the Northern Territory Department of Health. Print Checklist (PDF 105KB)
- Register with Flinders NT or the Centre for Remote Health so that we may assist with your placement, let you know about activities and services in your area and:
FAQs Student Accommodation for Placements in the NT.pdf (PDF 246KB)
- FAQs Student NT Placement Stipend.pdf (PDF 73KB) | Stipend Application Form (PDF 304KB) - Flinders and Charles Darwin University students living away from home only; and
- Book into a local Aboriginal cultural awareness and health workshop.
- Tips for organising and enjoying your placement (PDF 242KB)
- Remote Ready
- Staying Strong - tips for good mental health (PDF 22KB)
- Become a member of a local rural student club
- Cultural Information - suggested reading (PDF 575KB) from Reconciliation Australia
- Crocodile Safety | Cyclone Safety