Bachelor of Biotechnology (Honours)
Length of course: 4 years
This course is run jointly by the School of Biological Sciences and the School of Medicine. It emphasizes the integration of theory with extensive and specialised practical training.
Students learn how to:
- derive innovative solutions to practical problems
- apply scientific and engineering principles
- examine the legal, ethical and social aspects of biotechnology
- write reports and give presentations
- develop business plans and understand enterprise management.
For more information, refer to the Biotechnology undergraduate course.
Master of Biotechnology (MBiotech)
This course has a strong commercial focus, with training in the following areas:
- Enterprise management - training covers financial, business, marketing and personnel management principles
- The socio-economic impact of biotechnology - learning how new scientific developments interact with the law, ethics, society and the environment
- Strong links with industry - we actively facilitate the conducting of projects in conjunction with industry.
The Master of Biotechnology has two distinct pathways:
|Masters by Research |
Masters by Coursework
|1.5 years (6 months coursework 12 months research project)||2 years course work (including practical laboratory training)|
For more information, refer to the Post graduate course work program.
Applications may be made for:
- PhD Top-up scholarships, valued at up to $3000 p.a. for 3 years
- Honours scholarships, valued at $1500
- Summer vacation scholarships